Business Owner’s Package | BOP Insurance Bundle
What is BOP Insurance?
A business owner policy (BOP) combines protection for all major property and liability risks in one insurance package. This type of policy assembles the basic coverages required by a business owner in one bundle. However, it is usually sold at a premium that is less than the total cost of the individual coverages.
- A business owner policy is a package that bundles basic insurance coverages and is sold at a premium.
- A BOP typically protects business owners against property damage, peril, business interruption, and liability.
- While coverages vary among insurance providers, businesses can often opt-in for additional coverage, such as crime, spoilage of merchandise, forgery, fidelity, and more.
- Insurance providers determine if a business qualifies for a BOP based on business location, the size of the location, the class of business, and revenue.
- A business may qualify for special considerations if it meets certain eligibility qualifications.
What is included in a typical BOP?
Although every BOP is different based on the needs of each individual business, BOPS usually include coverage for:
- Property insurance for buildings and contents owned by the company. Coverage can be standard or special; special coverage is more comprehensive than standard.
- Business interruption insurance. Covers the loss of income or revenue resulting from a fire or other catastrophe that interrupts normal business operations, and can sometimes include the extra expense involved in operating from a temporary location.
- Liability protection. Covers your organization’s legal responsibility for any harm to others resulting from anything you and/or your employees do or fail to do during business operations that may lead to bodily injury or property damage stemming from defective products, faulty operations, or errors in services provided.
What is NOT Included in a Typical BOP?
BOPs do NOT cover professional liability, auto insurance, worker’s compensation or health and disability insurance. You’ll need separate insurance policies to cover professional services, vehicles and your employees. Therefore, depending on the laws of your state, you will require separate policies to cover professional services, vehicles, and benefits to your employees.
Contact SunGate Insurance Agency for a free quote today.
At SunGate Insurance Agency, our goal is to provide you with the right Business Owner’s Package to meet the legal requirements of your state and to offer you peace of mind! Contact us today find the policy that works for you!